Re: apt in base system?

Vincent Murphy wrote:
>  Can anyone confirm whether apt will be included in the base system in
> future?

Ummm no.  It's not needed for the base system.  It may be included
in further versions of base systems.

>  I want to be able to install Debian in college using just a bunch of
> floppies to get the base system on, and then use apt to get the rest
> through a http proxy.

You can always create your own base system.

Untar the base system into a directory:

tar xvpfz base2_0.tgz

dpkg --root=/where/your/files/are -i apt*.deb

Tar it again.  If you need to split it, pick the floppy_split program
from the boot-floppies source archive.

Regards,

	Joey

--
GNU GPL: "The source will be with you... always."