Re: debian list summaries

On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 09:32:38PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Maybe we could arrange that somebody occassionally (every week
> or so) posts to debian-devel-announce some important messages
> or collections of messages (in one) that describe current talks on
> debian-devel. For example, some collected information (quotes)
> from current discussion about project leader candidates. Or a
> tip about someone uploading packages for stable distribution.
> Or a revision of the stable distribution, etc, etc...

Sounds like a GREAT idea. That way, when people go on holiday, for
example, they can stay subscribed to this, and read it to catch up
"extra fast". And the same thing when they have lots of work, exams,
or whatever. The question is, who will do it. I can see it could be
a responsibility of one of the constitutional posts (not sure which
though - Proj. secretary or one of his delegates). OTOH, it could
not be...

--
Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk> <tom@debian.org>  http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/
PGP Key: finger tom@master.debian.org, http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/pgpkeys.asc.