Re: Release-critical Bugreport for December 13, 1998

On Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 10:01:59PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Oscar Levi wrote:
> > There is no loss of data if the program malfunctions.  This is a
> > benign failure which the conscientious developer should verify on
> > her/his own.
>
> There can be loss of data. Read the bug report.

I read the report.  There is a loss of data if the developer deletes
it himself.  I don't see why this buggy script should hold back slink.
It has 21 outstanding bugs.  The STOR failure appears in another bug
that is years old, no exaggeration.  The author has abandoned it and
so should we.