Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

Le Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 03:30:19PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann écrivait:
> All things but the first are things that are done by volunteers who think
> that they would be a good idea (the first is also done by a volunteer, but
> not everybody is enpowered to make the changes to the archive), not by the
> project leader. A project leader can say "this and that would be a good

Of course, but I would like the DPL to lead us in what I consider good
general "directions".

And about the "bug group", I don't think it can be done without a
little structure which would have a legitimity. Actually, if you take
a look at dpkg bugs list, you can get ill... and i certainly would not
close/manage any bugs without an autorisation... but that's not terribly
productive.

In the contrary, I was able to make dpkg core dump and
didn't set the severity to high, this bug was already reported and i
just sent complementary information. What could have be done for such
thing ? Don't you think a formal structure (which could be just
a new ML) would help ?

> If you like any of these projects in particular, just go ahead and work on
> them.

Of course ! I'm willing to help with my little possibilities for
the configuration management...

Cheers,
--
Hertzog Raphaël ¤ 0C4CABF1 ¤ http://www.mygale.org/~hra/