Re: Slink and Potato (was Re: Filesystem and archive changes)

In article <[🔎] E0zpEQi-0003dS-00@resnet217-203.resnet.buffalo.edu> you wrote:

: Slink was supposed to be frozen in mid-October, to be released in
: mid-November, so it could be out and available by now.  We've had a
: bumpy freeze (like usual), and now it's mid-December.

Grrr.

Until we collectively realize that it isn't rational to have a release process
that picks an arbitrary day to just declare that what was unstable is all of
a sudden a release candidate...  we are doomed to repeat this experience.

Bdale