Re: What I'd like to see in a project leader

On Sat, Dec 12, 1998 at 01:15:31PM +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> > I think the best thing we can do is incorporate as much free software
> > into Debian as possible and let our users decide what's best and why.
> > This means KDE alongside Gnome when KDE becomes available with a free Qt
> > and compatible licensing.
>
> Speaking of which, what's the situation of the copyright stuff? You wanted
> to take care of writing mail etc. a while ago.

Qt's proposed new license is damned near GPL compatible now.  Close
enough it may just be and some of us following it can TASTE the GPL
compatibility.  It might even be there now, but it's only because of
ambiguities that it would be.

I'm not done with it yet.  I can make the license GPL compatible, but
Troll Tech has to accept it.

--
"You're despicable."  -- Daffy Duck