Re: Nomination

On Fri, Dec 11, 1998 at 09:36:38AM +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 1998 at 08:34:20PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 10, 1998 at 02:31:26PM -0500, Bob Hilliard wrote:
> > >      1.  When did you become a Debian developer?
> > Within the past 2 months
>
> Do you think you have enough knowledge about this project to become the
> leader? I don't want to offend anyone with this, but we have some unique
> ways of running things.

In short, yes.

To respond to your other email regarding project experience, first, look
at my initial nomination announcement. Second, my job experience as well
as extracuricular activities has given me much experience in organizing
and leading projects. Current projects include:

Hampton Roads Linux Users Group (currently proposed stages)

DCE/DFS Enabled Linux Distribution - This one requires first completing
the port of DCE/DFS source, all 170 megs, to Linux, then making other apps
such as apache, netatalk, etc.. use DCE for authentication. This one I
will also note is restricted by OSF's strict License on DCE/DFS source, so
it isn't an open project.

Creating a Solaris port of dpkg/dselect along with compiled binaries for
my employer as a replacement package system.

I could keep tooting my own horn, but other things probably wouldn't seem
relevant to Debian, even tho they are projects. That, and I hate sounding
like the stereo typical know-it-all. I don't claim to posess all the
qualities that all ppl are looking for in a DPL. If you notice any short
comings, hey I'm human too, and any good leader should realize that they
are not all things to all ppl. I may deny anything you point out, but
that's just me :)

thanks,
  Ben

UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollins@debian.org