Re: does the Debian Keyboard Configuration Project still exist?

> Aren't keycodes keyboard dependent? I thought it was better to specify
> keysyms when possible.

Yes they are (though for "special" keys they are usually the same for the same
hardware, regardless of keyboard. I do know of exceptions though). In this
case however, the problem is that the key in question is generating the wrong
keysym, and that can't easily be fixed using keysyms. (Many XFree86
configurations set both backspace and delete to generate the Delete keysym,
which is the source of the problem.)

Regards,
/Anders

Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko@cd.chalmers.se
Not system administrator at DjungelData             | Hem: +46 31 47 69 27
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden | Mob: +46 707 27 86 87