Re: does the Debian Keyboard Configuration Project still exist?

On Tue, Dec 08, 1998 at 10:47:02PM -0500, James A. Treacy wrote:
> Aren't keycodes keyboard dependent? I thought it was better to specify
> keysyms when possible.

Uh, yes.

DESCRIPTION
       The xmodmap program is used to edit and display  the  key­
       board  modifier  map  and  keymap  table  that are used by
       client  applications  to  convert  event   keycodes   into
       keysyms.

Xmodmap (or, preferably, XKB) are what get those keyboard-dependent scan
codes mapped to keysyms in the first place.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |      What influenced me to atheism was
Debian GNU/Linux                 |      reading the Bible cover to cover.