Re: gdb is broken?

   > 		 #22972: gdb again lacks m68k support
   > 		 Package: gdb; Reported by: Roman.Hodek@informatik.uni-erlangen.de; 189
   > 	 days old.
   >
   > i think that's fixed too

   Yep. The m68k patch is now applied in the correct locations. However:

   > 		 #28653: gdb_4.17-4.m68k.objc.threads.hwwp.fpu.gnat.2(unstable):
   > 	 Doesn't compile on m68k due to
   > 		 threads patch
   > 		 Package: gdb; Reported by: Roman.Hodek@informatik.uni-erlangen.de; 37
   > 	 days old.
   >
   > that two probably have to be fixed

   That one surely not.

that's what i wrote - they have to be fixed...

   Due to this and #22972, gdb hasn't been
   compilable since ages for m68k now :-( (First #22972 was the cause,
   and then #28653 showed up.)

   The reason for #28653: The threads patch changes semantics of some
   common macros, but implements the additional semantics only for i386.
   It would be some non-trivial work to port this to m68k. Not
   impossible, but I currently don't have a few days spare time for doing
   this. (And it's unlikely that I will have that much spare time in the
   near future... :-)

   If the threads patch makes problems on i386, too, or at least doesn't
   work correctly, I'd advocate for removing it.

i object - with proper libc patch gdb works for me as advertised

   Roman

OK