Re: critical bugs which can be closed or demoted

Santiago Vila wrote:
> > > Regarding slink, there are still a lot of insane priority values.
> > > Will they be fixed soon, by the ftp.debian.org maintainers, or are they
> > > waiting for bug reports?
> >
> > Since this is not an issue of the ftp maintainers but of the package
> > maintainers I'd rather like to see appropriate bug reports with a
> > certain severity.
> AFAIK, the override file overrides the package priorities in the control
> file (has this changed recently?).

Oh yes, you're right.  But still I think it should be fixed on per
package basis within each package.  Or we should remove the Priority
field from the control files since they're useless.

No question is too silly to ask, but, of course, some are too silly
to answer.   -- Perl book

Please always Cc to me when answering on the lists.