Re: Intent to package EPS/SRP

On Mon, Dec 07, 1998 at 23:03:21 +0100, Guido Witmond wrote:
> I have a great interest in Stanford University's EPS/SRP package.
>
> I know that I cannot package the encrypting variant because I cannot
> posess that version legally here in The Netherlands but the EPS/SRP
> authentication looks promising enough for web servers and other services
> that suffer from authentication theft to warrant the effort.

The only legal problem is with whoever exported it from the USA.

SRP with crypto is now available in the Netherlands
(ftp://ftp.replay.com:/pub/replay/pub/crypto/APPS/srp), so you can package
it up for nonUS.debian.org without any problems.

Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go