Re: Psion

"Weiden, P. van der" <p.van.der.weiden@fd.agro.nl> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Is there going to be a Linux version available for Psion series 2 and 5, or
> is the operatings system on such handhelds not replacable?

There is a project to do this on the Psion Series 5:

  http://www.redhat.com/~ed/linux-7110.html

We are going to try to recompile the Debian ARM port to work on ARMv3
processors, so perhaps our userspace will work on those machines.

I'm not sure where they are with getting the machines to boot into
Linux.  I think they are making progress.  Werner Almesberger
<almesber@lrc.di.epfl.ch> even bought one to hack on.

Cheers,

 - Jim