Xemacs20 broken with /usr/lib/libpng.so.2: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info

I have upgraded libc6 and libstd++2.9 and 2.8 to the newest versions.
Somewhere along the way, xemacs stopped working with the above error.
No one else seems to have this error.  I tried upgrading to
xemacs20-20.4-9 from Incoming and this did not fix the problem.  Now I
can`t install xemacs20-mule-20.4-9 Error:

xemacs20: error in loading shared libraries
/usr/lib/libpng.so.2: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info
xemacs20 emacs20 failed at /usr/lib/emacsen-common/emacs-install line

Anyone have any ideas as to what happened.  I really need xemacs.
Emacs20 works fine.

Bruce Jackson

Linux:  because reboots are for hardware upgrades!