Re: "Upgrade" from Redhat -> Debian?

On Dec 06, Marc Barnett <marc@mtjeff.com> wrote:

 >Has anybody ever actually done this? I searched the debian-devel archives and
 >found only one other person asking, and he was never replied to.
I did. I untarred the base system in /NEW, run a chrooted shell and
started configuring it and installing most important packages.
Then I took down all daemons, moved all red hat dirs EXCEPT /lib in /OLD
and then moved the debian installation in /.
After finishing the installation I removed old red hat files from /lib.

If you do it right you will still be able to run the old daemons in the
chrooted /OLD tree.

--
ciao,
Marco