Re: libtoolize

*-"Marcelo E. Magallon" <mmagallo@efis.ucr.ac.cr>

| On Sat, Dec 05, 1998 at 11:55:36AM +0100, Ole J. Tetlie wrote:
|
| > It creates config.log as a symlink to /usr/share/libtool/config.log.
| > As a normal user I do not have write permission to this file, and
| > configure fails with this message:
| >
| > ./configure: ./config.log: Permission denied
| >
| > Am I being stupid?
|
|  No, but someone else is. :-)
|
|  $ libtoolize --force --copy

That seems to have done the trick. Now, can someone explain why
libtoolize needs to copy config.log? I also can't really see the
situation where symlinking config.log is wanted.

|  (there should be no need to call libtoolize)

This is from CVS, so it might perhaps have some more merit here.

--
Eschew obfuscation    (go on; look them both up)
                                   (Brian White)