libtoolize

I'm having problems building the latest balsa. It calls libtoolize
to libtoolise the source tree, but libtoolize seems to do a quite
strange thing.

It creates config.log as a symlink to /usr/share/libtool/config.log.
As a normal user I do not have write permission to this file, and
configure fails with this message:

./configure: ./config.log: Permission denied

Am I being stupid?

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee to theorems
                                        (Erd\H{o}s Pál)