Re: Future of fvwm2-plus

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Edward Betts wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Dec, 1998, David N. Welton wrote:
> > Hi, I wanted to ask the group opinion on the future of this package.
> > What with a new job in San Francisco, I'm really not sure I'll have
> > time to do it justice, and it isn't all that different from fvwm2 (it
> > has IconGravity and a few other little patches).  Does anyone actually
> > use it?  Like it?  See a need for it?  If not, maybe it could be moved
> > somewhere like orphaned or experimental, so as not to destroy the work
> > already done.
>
> No, I don't use it, If you ask me get shot of it. (For my window manager I
> use blackbox, enlightenment, wmaker or twm depending how I feel, twm is my
> favourite.)
I don't know what kind of beast fvwm2-PLUS is but if you mean fvwm2
I think it is not a good idea to orphane it.  It was my first window
manager under Linux and I never had any reason to leave it.  I don't
switch my window manager like a T-shirt and I don't need "cool"
windowmanager whatever this should mean.  I know *how* to configure
it and don't want to learn any other thing.  I would hope really strong
that it will stay in Debian!

Kind regards

     Andreas.