Future of release script

With the plans to make the dinstall script more intelligent and to do
the bug closing itself, and with the dupload script now working quite
nicely, I wonder whether there is any real need for the release script
(in the devscripts package).

The only functionality that it appears to have which dupload does not
is coping with a distribution name indicating an upload site such as
'debs' on the first line of the changelog.  This is non-standard

So my suggestion on reflection is to just get rid of the release
script altogether and to encourage people to use dupload instead.

Would there be any complaints about this??

            Julian Gilbey             Email: J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk
       Dept of Mathematical Sciences, Queen Mary & Westfield College,
                  Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, ENGLAND
      -*- Finger jdg@goedel.maths.qmw.ac.uk for my PGP public key. -*-