Re: Requesting a naming convention for releases

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Martin Schulze wrote:

> Michael Beattie wrote:
> > > No, we're not running out of names.  We're hit by that in > 5years
> > > since there are about 15-20 names left.  At the moment there is no
> > > need to discuss a new naming scheme etc.
>
> > Speaking of names, Bruce Perens is bruce@pixar.com ?? In NZ, "A Bug's
> > Life" is being advertised as a Disney/Pixar production. Is it the same
> > Pixar? Valid reason to use "A Bug's Life" (later on, when we are out of
> > names). Damn I havent even seen it yet. Well, It opened today over here.
> > (sorry about the off-topicness)
>
> Yes, it's the same Bruce, the same Pixar and the same movie.

Cool... I knew it was Bruce, I just wondered If it was where he is
affiliated with. I noticed his email address in `dpkg --license`.

Shame he left us.

(Way quick reply too Joey...)

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

                   Drive nail here ( ) to need a new monitor.