Re: APT [was Re: Is this really the right thing to do?]

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Jiri Baum wrote:
> > Sorry, I meant, show the list of automatically-removed packages (ie, those
> > which were installed to satisfy a dependency, and are now being removed
> > because that dependency no longer exists).
>
> Ie you want to filter on the auto-flag as well.

Good idea.  (or as we say in Oklahoma... 'Good idear')

> > Say, if you decide to uninstall man2html, one of the packages on the list
> > might be apache. Which, likely as not, you actually want to keep.
>
> Sounds more like you want an extra dialog telling you which packages will
> be automatically removed before starting the update.

This would only happen if you never explicitly installed apache and if
no other packages depended on apache.  Possible, but no likely.

It would be nice to be able to configure this dialog to not come up
to keep this from becoming akin to an infinitely-cascading-window
Microsoft app.

-Mitch