Re: devscripts: rename two programs?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: devscripts: rename two programs?
- From: Rob Browning <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 01 Dec 1998 11:06:27 -0600
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org's message of "Tue, 1 Dec 1998 10:19:11 +0000 (GMT)"
- References: <m0zkmtj-000IinC@polya>
email@example.com (Julian Gilbey) writes:
> A little while ago, someone complained on this list that the script
> called `release' was guilty of namespace pollution. By the same
> argument, so is `build'. So my question is: should I rename these
> two scripts to drelease and dbuild,
They should definitely be renamed. I thought this had been done a
long time ago (last time this was brought up).
I'd probably suggest "devbuild" and "devrelease".
> and have release and build be very short scripts which just print a
> message to standard error saying that the programs have been
Short term maybe, but if you leave it like this, then there was no
point in renaming the programs in the first place.
Rob Browning <firstname.lastname@example.org> PGP=E80E0D04F521A094 532B97F5D64E3930