Re: Slink CDs - boot floopy images?

Steve McIntyre <stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> I'm just at the point now of creating proper Slink CD images. I've got a
> script to create the images for burning:
>
> create trees
> flatten the old sym-links to older hamm stuff
> generate the new Packages.cd files to be used by the dselect multi-cd
> 	method
> set up the tools and bootable images on the appropriate CDs
> create ISO images

You forgot one very important step for your CD creation step:

- check all md5sums/signatures for all packages and generate
  packages.md5sum (or similar name) file for reference.

This would mean that all packages are unpacked, which takes some time
(better make it an option that defaults to on), but its better to
waste time then to burn a CD with broken packages.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin