Re: intent to package OSH

On Mon, Nov 30, 1998 at 07:38:39PM -0500, Mitch Blevins wrote:
> James Troup wrote:
> > Eh?  You might want to read <87ogpphb3c.fsf@nocrew.org>.
>
> Short of having saved all my mail messages locally, how can I
> find a message by MessageID?

    Well, we have message archives at
http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/, but they won't help you in this
case, since the message in question was on debian-private.  Which is
too bad, since it was funny.
    Anyways, just take it as an indication from James that response
time on new-maintainer has gone down.  Congrats, James.  I suspect
that it will take some time to live down the reputation, though, so
I'll try not to prolong it.

> Do we have an NNTP interface to the maillists somewhere?

    Actually, yes, at least for some of them.  It would require, of
course, that you have a working newsfeed to find anything reliably,
though.  I haven't seen one of those in years.

 Zed Pobre <zed@va.debian.org> | PGP key on servers, fingerprint on finger