Re: XFree86-3.3.3 is really not in slink?

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, David Welton wrote:

> Maybe we should do like we did with 1.3.1 and do a 2.1.1 with the new
> X?  The CD people won't like it, I guess, but it lets us get slink
> out, with the possibility of upgrading a subset of the packages a
> short time later.

I can very much understand that XFree86 3.3.3 will not be in Debian 2.1,
but equally well do I understand that some people need it[1]. Would it be
OK to test it for a while and then release Debian 2.1.1, including XFree86
3.3.3?

And besides, how much does Debian care about the CD people, anyway? Are
they so important that they could tell Debian not to release 2.1.x
versions and that their orders would simply be followed?

Remco

[1] Count me as one of them, but I have very good Internet connectivity,
so for me it's not really an issue as I could get the X server from either
potato or xfree86.org.