Re: Draft new DFSG - r1.4

Federico Di Gregorio <fog@pcamb6.irfmn.mnegri.it> writes:

> I don't remember exactly if the patch clause applies
> only if you want to call it TeX or always. IMHO the second one.

The patch clause applies to the tex.web file that Don Knuth distributes.

You are allowed to write a completely unrelated program from scratch and
distribute that as `TeX' as long as it passes the Trip test (a suite of
regression tests for TeX-like programs). This has been done several
times by different people.

Anselm
Live now. There'll be plenty of time to be dead later.                 -- Anon.