Re: Intent to package: Xmahjongg

On Sat, Nov 28, 1998 at 20:55 +0100, David Frey wrote:
> Copyright 1990 Jeff S. Young
>
> Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
> documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided
> that the above copyright notice appear in all copies, that both the above
> copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documen-
> tation, and that the original copyright notices on the game boards are
> displayed in their original format and clarity.  Permission to sell this
> software is not NOT granted without written permission from the author.
> Permission to include this software free with other software packages in
> NOT granted without written permission from the author.

It is apparantly a complete rewrite of that package but with the following
copyright notice (which as far as I can see is standard GPL):

COPYRIGHT/LICENSE
-----------------
   All source code is Copyright (C) 1994-8 Eddie Kohler.

   This package is distributed under the GNU General Public License,
Version 2, or, at your discretion, any later version. The GNU General
Public License is available via the Web at
<http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html>. The GPL is designed to allow you
to alter and redistribute the package, as long as you do not remove that
freedom from others.

Dave

--
Dave Swegen <dave@recursive.prestel.co.uk>