Re: Leadership, effects on Debian and open source community

On Sun, Nov 29, 1998 at 12:32:56AM -0500, Avery Pennarun wrote:
> And FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, make sure the QPL passes the new DFSG!

Any license which does now probably should continue to, with the exception
of some REALLY bizarre things that have gotten in somehow.

> But Joseph: don't fall into the trap of thinking that because the DFSG2 is
> bad, the DFSG1 is completely okay.  It does have some holes, and we should
> fix them.

My point was the DFSG2 is flawed by design.  Its purpose is to change terms
that software is allowed into Debian by in a manner that is more extreme
than RMS even.  That's _BAD_.

Of course the DFSG1 needs fixing, but I'd rather live with a slightly broken
DFSG1 that makes sense than a completely screwed DFSG2!

--
Show me the code or get out of my way.