Re: XFree86-3.3.3 has been released

Hi,

   Previously Oleg Krivosheev wrote:
   > AFAIK, SuSe and RedHat will remove their XF servers because
   > that's now included into stock Xfree. Thus we'll totally lose support
   > for lots of chips (including 3DLabs one i'm running). What we gonna do?

   Heh? If the servers are moved into XFree86 we will actually gain support
   of those chips, since we won't need SuSE or RH packages anymore..

sure... but not in slink...

   > User's hardware support...

   Add new code, introduce possible new bogs.

New code also fixes lot of old bugs (check security update for XF 3.3.3)

    If people need it they can always get stuff from potato.

Speak for yourself, please. If YOU can get package out of potato, that
doesn't mean other people will be able do so...

   Wichert.

OK