I ran my script again that removes all debugging symbols from libraries. I do
not have a debug library installed so I guess the symbols I found shouldn't
Here's what I found (listing size before and after stripping):
It seems that only three packages are still having debug symbols in static
libraries and two of these come from one source.
There were some symbols though in each X library. I cannot check the libs
anymore as they are stripped now, but the difference printed was small, less
than 1K. So I'm not sure what happened here.
Dr. Michael Meskes, Manager of the Western Branch Office, Datenrevision GmbH
work: Cuxhavener Str. 36, D-21149 Hamburg, Michael.Meskes@datenrevision.de
home: Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz, Michael.Meskes@usa.net
Go SF49ers! Go Rhein Fire! Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!