Re: EURO patch

On Fri, Nov 27, 1998 at 12:44:29PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Avery Pennarun wrote:
> > Now how do I type these things?  For that matter, how can I do my nice
> > accents that I need for French?  Ever since xkb came in, I've been totally
> > lost.
>
> With vim you can use digraphs. For example `^K $ $' will give you a
> pound sign. For a complete list of digraphs just enter `:digraph' in
> the commandmode.

But in the glorious days before xkb (I'm sure xkb can do this, I just have
no idea how), I redefined my scroll-lock key to be some magic
"international" key (Multi_key?) and then I could type <scroll>e' (e quote)
or <scroll>e` (e backquote) for example to get accented e.  And it worked in
_all_ my X windows.  Of course, it would be even better to set my windows
key to do this, but I have a windows-free keyboard :)

It totally sucks to have to do this differently in every program.  Something
should be done (tm).

And now, back do the real world, where I have no free time to complain about
this, let alone fix it.

have fun,

Avery