Re: Draft new DFSG

On Fri, Nov 27, 1998 at 03:12:34AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	The DFSG is not in competition with any other document. This
>  merely defines what we are. We seek to conquer noone. We seek no
>  marlet domination. Debian is sufficient in itself.

The last statement is an underlying assumption you make. It allows to
take an idealistic stand without any compromising. There is nothing wrong
with that, but your use of 'we' in the paragraph implies that the majority
of Debian developers agree with you. It is not clear that that is the case.

Jay Treacy