Re: Xsession and runparts.

Hi
>>"Tom" == Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk> writes:

 Tom> run-parts /etc/X11/Xsession.d
 Tom> to the normal /etc/X11/Xsession. Is this a reasonable request?

	Not unless the user has asked for it (possibly by adding a
 line to /etc/X11/config). Personally, I would say that we modify run
 parts to only run files with the suffix .on or ones executable; or
 something, and packages depsit example as *.def (so the sysadmin
 copies over a .def file to a .on file in order to turn on some
 strange stuff for each X session.

	X sessions are [ersonal things. I do not want packages (which
 may have interactive uses) to do strange things behind my back.

	Maybe the best way is to have example files for each package
 in some dir, and let each individual link them to ~/.xsession-start/

	That way, even on a machine with multiple users, people can
 get individually configurable behaviour.

	I guess my answer is no it is not reasonable. We should
 facilitate a system that makes it easy for individuals to do things
 automatically at each X session, but not force them down their
 collective throats.

	manoj
--
 A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the
 subject. Winston Churchill