Re: Draft new DFSG

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

>  [...] you can't change the text[1] [...]
>
>  [1] I find that very reasonable -- why would I want to change the text of a
>      standard?

This is easy: You might want to create another similar standard.

IMHO, for "standards", the important thing would not be to modify them
but the ability to write similar standards by "cut and paste".

I mean: Ok, I can't modify RFC nnn because then it would stop being RFC nnn,
but then I should be allowed to take RFC nnn, change some words here and
there, and call it "RFC rrr", the copyright should allow it.

i.e. The important thing would be allowing "derived works".

--
 "a123b8bae34151d9bee96f1141efdff7" (a truly random sig)