Re: Draft new DFSG

On Thu, Nov 26, 1998 at 07:30:01PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:

> Noone has yet mailed me to say `my package has restriction X which is
> OK but you didn't list'.  Please check your packages !

 I considered asking this but then I remembered the long discussion
 arround... July?

 What about documentation?

 Once, I had the intention to package W3's HTML 4 recommendation (DTD,
 entities, the recommendation itself and other things) but I got stopped by
 W3C's redistribution license. Basically, you can't change the text[1] and
 that makes that document DFSG1 non-free. Would it be appropiate to include
 an exception for documetation in DFSG2?

		Marcelo

 [1] I find that very reasonable -- why would I want to change the text of a
     standard?