Re: Slink CDs - boot floopy images?

On Thu, Nov 26, 1998 at 04:18:40PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Enrique Zanardi wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Nov 26, 1998 at 03:17:53PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> >[...]
> >> Everything now runs fine (if people want to see the script, for an
> >example
> >> or criticism, please ask) except the very last stage. The first two
> >images
> >> are not created, as the only boot images available are 1743K and mkhybrid
> >> will not cope with these. Is there a newer version that will, or is this
> >> genuinely a bug from the boot floppies and we should have some 1440K disk
> >> images?
> >
> >There's a newer boot-floppies version that provides 1440k disk images.
> >Unluckily, the Southern Europe <-> US link has been dropping more than
> >60% of my TCP/IP packages every time I've tried to upload that version
> >since last saturday. The good news are that I can't blame it on my LAN
> >anymore... ;-)
> >
> >I will try again tonight, and if it fails will use chiark's or erlangen's
> >queues.
>
> Is there any chance you could put it up for ftp somehwere else before
> then? I'm trying to get some CDs written to test with this afternoon...

I've improved my mkhybrid patches some more and written a
(very simple) image selector. I don't know if it works completely,
but this will enable you to put up a menu saying:-

Debian GNU/Linux 2.0
 1. Standard kernel
 2. Tecra kernel

When the CDs are booted, rather than one image per CD. I'll post the diffs,
and upload to experimental if you want.

--
Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk> <tom@debian.org>  http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/
PGP Key: finger tom@master.debian.org, http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/pgpkeys.asc.