Re: Draft new DFSG

On Thu, Nov 26, 1998 at 03:22:18AM -0500, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> > 	Because they have free will? Are you, by any chance,
> >  attempting to object to this exercise of their freedom?
>
> No, but it was satisfying to see them lews 739:30.  The Debian antics
> have much more potential for harm though.

FWIW, I have not placed my vote in any fashion for anything against KDE
anytime after the point (much before the freeing of Qt) that a few of the
core developers including Matthias agreed that something needed to change
with the license.  I even offered to help, though I'm afraid I wasn't much
help in the end, by the time I had time to send even a few emails out,
before I got replies for any of thme Troll Tech made their announcement.

Not everyone in Debian thinks KDE is evil.  A number of us think C++ in
general is evil, and that KDE is awfully big and uses many system resources
for what it actually -DOES-, but in the end it's got an audience and at
least SOME parts of the KDE package are useful.

> -N. (puts on asbestos underwear)

Don't leave your box without it.  =>

--
Show me the code or get out of my way.