TAO packages available for testing

Hi,

I released some unofficial Debian packages of the "The ACE ORB" TAO, for
testing.  I'd appreciate any feedback, suggestions, bug reports, etc.

This build of TAO supports C++ exceptions since the ACE library in
the ACE packages I created supports C++ exceptions, too.

The TAO packages contain the TAO IDL compiler "tao_idl," libTAO and the
TAO headers.  I also created a tao-config (and similary for ACE) script
based on the gnome-config scripts.

I haven't integrated the orbsvcs library into the TAO packages yet.
I'll do that soon.

Disclaimer :)
--------
They are unofficial since I am in the process of becoming a Debian
developer.

The package shlibs dependencies got hosed due ldd returning signal 11
because of kernel 2.1.126 problems.  I'll upgrade my kernel soon.  Sorry
for any inconvenience.

You can get the packages for both ACE and TAO at:

	ftp://moc.tn.cornell.edu/pub/othman/aceconf/debian

Both sets of packages are based on the ACE Configuration Project's test
distributions.  The ACE Configuration Project has been integrating
Autoconf, Automake and Libtool into the ACE and TAO build schemes.  All of
the ACE tests pass upon doing a "make check."  TAO tests haven't been
integrated into the build hierarchy yet so it is unknown if TAO is
functioning properly.  On the other hand, I was able to successfully run
tao_idl on IDL sources and produce the corresponding C++ code.  Since ACE
appears to be very stable on Debian 2.1 systems TAO should be presumably
be just as stable as the DOC group at Wash U (creators of TAO) have TAO
on their systems.

If you want to find out more about the ACE Configuration Project, go to:

	http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~othman/aceconf

I may not be able to check my e-mail till next Monday due to Thanksgiving
vacation, but I will respond to any e-mails regarding my packages as soon
as I get back.

Thanks for any feedback.
-Ossama
Ossama Othman <othman@astrosun.tn.cornell.edu>
58 60 1A E8 7A 66 F4 44  74 9F 3C D4 EF BF 35 88  1024/8A04D15D 1998/08/26