Re: Draft new DFSG

Joseph Carter writes:

> That looks very non-free anyway.  No provision for patches even.

The `auxiliary file' mentioned in the copyright notice amounts to a
patch. It is fairly clumsy compared to `real' patch files but it works.
Actually, it should be reasonably easy to get GNU diff to emit `change
files' that the TeX support tools can understand.

Anyway, even RMS considers TeX free enough to declare it part of a GNU
system. We'd look quite silly if we were to pronounce TeX non-free.

Anselm
Programming graphics in X is like finding sqrt(pi) using Roman numerals.
                                                               -- Henry Spencer