Re: Calendar dates for 1999

jdg@maths.qmw.ac.uk (Julian Gilbey) wrote:
>An almost complete calendar for 1999 (including all the ones you had
>queries about):

Excellent, thanks!

>Finally, I've used the Orthodox dates for Diaspora Jewry (i.e.,
>outside of Israel).  In Israel and outside according to the Reform
>(and possibly Conservative) practice, Pesach is one day shorter,
>Shavuot is only one day, and Shmini Atzeret and Simchat Torah become
>one day (10/02).

This is getting complicated...  I seem to have conflicting dates for
some of these events, and I'm confused in some cases about whether a
date I have is for the first full Gregorian day, or the Gregorian day
on which the Jewish day starts at sundown.  And now you say that these
dates vary from place to place too...

I think the safest thing I can do is just to use your list of dates
(the only complete one I have from a single source so far) as-is rather
than trying to integrate dates from different sources.

Thanks for your help!

--
Charles Briscoe-Smith
White pages entry, with PGP key: <URL:http://alethea.ukc.ac.uk/wp?95cpb4>