Re: extreme ghosts

Previously Raul Miller wrote:
> I just got some junk mail from Symantec about a utility they have for
> mass installation of software:

I've seen it in action, it's definitely cool, and very network-friendly.

> Anyways, it occurs to me that some variant on this concept [perhaps,
> in essence, a bootp client that reformats and rewrites the hard drive --
> though taking advantage of multicast would be Real Nice] would be just
> the thing for extreme linux.

It surely would be nice. I have no idea how to do multicasting though.
You need to do things like monitoring how far each computer is and
synch with the slowest one, but that should not be that hard to do.
We still need the configuration-management first though :)

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl