Re: Non-interactive installation

Le Tue, Nov 24, 1998 at 06:37:49PM +0100, Rafael Laboissiere écrivait:
> Where can I find information about non-interactive installation of
> Debian (if there is any)?  I am particularly interested in installing a
> standard, predefined set of packages on several machines without having
> to go through dselect.

If you want only to avoid using dselect for selecting packages, take a
look at dpkg --get-selections and dpkg --set-selections ...

If you think about non-interactive installation of packages (ie packages that
won't ask question on the screen) there's no current solution but some
developers talked about it on -policy. You can have a look in the archives,
The relevant threads are entitled 'Configuration management'. It's
an important issue for Debian, imho. But few people are interested in working
on it... i'll certainly do after slink release.

Cheers,
--
Hertzog Raphaël ¤ 0C4CABF1 ¤ http://www.mygale.org/~hra/