Re: glibc recompiling was Re: libc resolver problem solved (criticalbug)

On Sun, Nov 22, 1998 at 11:50:04PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
<snip>
> Going with 2.1 glibc for slink would be _STUPID_.

I'm with you on this one..

> Going with it for potato, especially if the release schedule stays
> anything like it is projected to be, could be a very good idea.  There
> are relatively few problems...

I'm also with you here, and have added reason, as potato is going to be
targeted for 2.2.x kernels it needs some of the features in glibc 2.1
(namely some of the newer pty support, tho that may have been back
ported), so I guess that after slink is released we will be doing some
major work to get potato rolling on the new libc AND the new set of
kernels, fun...

Zephaniah E, Hull..