Re: Changing emacs20 to use latin1 encoding by default.
- To: Debian Development <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Changing emacs20 to use latin1 encoding by default.
- From: Milan Zamazal <email@example.com>
- Date: 22 Nov 1998 17:49:35 +0100
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: Yann Dirson's message of "Mon, 16 Nov 1998 20:42:37 +0100 (CET)"
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> "YD" == Yann Dirson <email@example.com> writes:
YD> Well, we have such things like locale aliases in Linux, which
YD> the current mechanism in emacs does not fully support IIRC. ie
YD> I don't think it really queries libc to know what encoding it
I think you're right.
YD> Maybe such a setting would be better.
Probably, however it should be done in upstream sources, not as a Debian
specific setting, IMHO.