Re: makeinfo

"Yamamoto" == Yamamoto Hirotaka <ymmt@is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp> writes:
> Hi, I found `makeinfo' program in tetex-bin package instead of info
> package and this prevent me installing makeinfo since I want a
> japanized-version of TeX ('cause I'm a Japanese).

> Why don't you put `makeinfo' into info package?

Because makeinfo, strangely enough, doesn't come with the info
sources.  It comes with TeX.  In this case, tetex, and we put it in
the tetex-bin package.

You should be able to package up a standalone makeinfo package from
the upstream sources, and have that conflict with tetex-bin, and maybe
vice versa at some point.