Re: run-parts for /etc/profile?

>> "MH" == Marc Haber <Marc.Haber-lists@gmx.de> writes:

MH> On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 16:11:55 -0500 (EST), you wrote:
>> Because it is Debian's policy for software to not rely on any specific
>> environment variables being set.

MH> Even if the Debian system itself won't need it, it would make life
MH> for admins a lot easier. We do like predefining environment
MH> variables for our users :-)

This could be archieved well enough without run-parts. There is a IMHO
more important think to make administration easier. And that is
documentation about the various scripts and configfiles, for different
shells, login - interactive ones, xdm, startx etc. What is called, and
in which sequence.

Ciao,
	Martin