Re: Qt license change

> Yes, but there is this clause :
>
> 6.a. You make your items available in machine-readable source code form free of
> charge to all users of those items. You may charge a reasonable fee for the
> physical act of transferring a copy.
>
> Which say that you have only have to charge a reasonable (small ?) fee. This
> mean i cannot charge $10000000 for it ? or does it say it ?
>
> i think this license is not clear enough, if they mean it, they should say it
> without doubts.

This is definitely a bit unclear. The way I read it though, is that
you have to provide your users (i.e. the same people you sold
the $10000000 CD with the binary) with the machine-readable source
for a reasonble copying charge only. The GPL says the same thing:

  3. You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it,
under Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of
Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:
[...]
    b) Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three
    years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your
    cost of physically performing source distribution, a complete
    machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be
    distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium
    customarily used for software interchange; or,

Though the GPL is a bit more explicit about the fact that you can charge any
price you want for the binary.

mvh,
/Anders