Re: Unsatisfied dependencies

On Wed, Nov 18, 1998 at 03:13:03PM +0100 , Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Martin Bialasinski wrote:
> > Maybe I am missing something, but these are packages located in
> > non-free. Packages in contrib may depend on non-free packages.
>
> Hmm, how silly of me. Here is a new list, same comments apply to non-US
> packages as before.
>
> Wichert.
Hi,
here are some comments. Plenty of these unmet dependencies come from
Suggests: (package in non-US). That is what the suggests is for. To point
the users a package, which might be usesful, but is in non-US (or conbrib,
because of non-US). Could the Suggests be regarded as fulfiled, if you find
(any) package, which satisfies this.

bits snipped
>                   ******* CHECKING MAIN *******
> Checking Depends
>   debian-cd: unzip
this is real bug - unzip in non-free (or unzip-crypt non-US)
> Checking Suggests
>   dpkg: developer-keyring
>   dpkg-dev: gnupg
>   dpkg-dev: developer-keyring
>   elm-me+: pgp
>   exmh: pgp
I thing that Suggest: pgp - which is certainly available in non-US is _not_ a
unsatisfied dependency (same for developer-keyring, which is in contrib)
>   gs: gs-pdfencrypt
gs-pdfencrypt - in non-US
>   inn: pgp
>   kbackup: pgp
>   kbackup-doc: pgp
>   mutt: pgp | pgp5i
see above
>   rsync: ssh
>   sam: ssh
ssh is in non-US
>   tm: pgp
>   vrweb: Netscape | Mosaic
wow - notice the Big N and M
>                   ******* CHECKING CONTRIB *******
> Checking Depends
>   auto-pgp: pgp
>   mailcrypt: pgp
>   pinepgp: pine
>   pinepgp: pgp
>   premail: pgp
> Checking Recommends
>   debian-keyring: pgp
>   debian-keyring: gnupg
>                   ******* CHECKING NON-FREE *******
> Checking Suggests
>   gs-aladdin: gs-pdfencrypt
gs-pdfencrypt is in (you guessed) non-US

				Petr Cech
--
 /    mailto: cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz    \
|   PGP: finger cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz	|