Re: binaries compiled on slink don't run anywhere else

> In 2.0.7u-4 on i386, register_frame_info is neither defined nor
> referenced in libc.so. It is defined in both libm.so and in
> libdl.so.
>
> If this symbol in in libgcc.a, then it shouldn't be included in
> libm.so or libdl.so.
[...]
> It looks to me like libdl.so and libm.so are broken, and any program
> linked against them will not run on distributions on which these
> libraries are not broken.

That sounds like a reasonable explanation.

It's true that __register_frame_info is in both libs. Have they been
compiled with egcs or gcc 2.8.x??. The m68k versions do not contain
the symbols, so it looks like a build problem (on i386).

Roman