Re: Woah!

On Mon, Nov 16, 1998 at 09:09:42PM -0500, Stephen Carpenter wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 1998 at 10:07:27AM -0800, David Welton wrote:

> > While I'm sure that this is great fun to discuss, it seems to have
> > increasingly little to do with Debian...
>
> Well...as I am also living the The United Police States of America...
> I woul dhave to say that it unfortunatly DOES effect debian,..
> the point is that our Draconian Laws affect what can be included
> in Debian. Other countries have similar problems.

Yes, but ranting and raving about the particular nastinesses of our
government is not getting us anywhere.  That is where voting, writing
letters to politicians, etc, come into play.  If we would like to have
a debian-political, fine, however, devel- should mostly be about
doing what we can from a technical point of view.  I don't think there
is anyone who disagrees that there are stupid laws out there.  I don't
think we can do much on this list to change that fact.

Ciao:-)

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org